Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Symptoms, Signs, And Ill-Defined Conditions 780-799 > Symptoms 780-789 > Symptoms involving cardiovascular system 785-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 785.50
- Short description: Shock NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 785.50 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 785.50.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 785.50: 2014.
- A profound hemodynamic and metabolic disturbance characterized by the failure of the circulatory system to maintain adequate perfusion of vital organs; causes inadequate delivery of nutrients and insufficient removal of cellular waste products to and from the tissues.
- Failure of peripheral circulation
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 785.50:
- Failure, failed
- Shock 785.50
- allergic - see Anaphylactic reaction or shock
- anaclitic 309.21
- anaphylactic see also Anaphylactic reaction or shock
- due to administration of blood and blood products 999.41
- anaphylactoid - see Anaphylactic reaction or shock
- birth, fetus or newborn NEC 779.89
- cardiogenic 785.51
- chemical substance - see Table of Drugs and Chemicals
- circulatory 785.59
- culture 309.29
- due to
- during labor and delivery 669.1
- hematogenic 785.59
- lightning 994.0
- nervous (see also Reaction, stress, acute) 308.9
- obstetric 669.1
- paralysis, paralytic (see also Disease, cerebrovascular, acute) 436
- late effect - see Late effect(s) (of) cerebrovascular disease
- postoperative 998.00
- cardiogenic 998.01
- hypovolemic 998.09
- specified NEC 998.09
- septic (endotoxic) (gram-negative) 998.02
- psychogenic (see also Reaction, stress, acute) 308.9
- septic 785.52
- due to
- postoperative 998.02
- spinal - see also Injury, spinal, by site
- with spinal bone injury - see Fracture, vertebra, by site, with spinal cord injury
- surgical 998.00
- therapeutic misadventure NEC (see also Complications) 998.89
- thyroxin 962.7
- toxic 040.82
- transfusion - see Complications, transfusion
- traumatic (immediate) (delayed) 958.4
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 785.50 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.