Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Infectious And Parasitic Diseases 001-139 > Intestinal Infectious Diseases 001-009 > Shigellosis 004-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 004.9
- Short description: Shigellosis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 004.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 004.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 004.9: 2014.
- Infection by Shigella
- Shigella infection
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 004.9:
- Chinese dysentery 004.9
- Colitis (acute) (catarrhal) (croupous) (cystica superficialis) (exudative) (hemorrhagic) (noninfectious) (phlegmonous) (presumed noninfectious) 558.9
- bacillary (see also Infection, Shigella) 004.9
- Dysentery, dysenteric (bilious) (catarrhal) (diarrhea) (epidemic) (gangrenous) (hemorrhagic) (infectious) (sporadic) (tropical) (ulcerative) 009.0
- asylum 004.9
- bacillary 004.9
- bacterium 004.9
- Chinese 004.9
- Enteritis (acute) (catarrhal) (choleraic) (chronic) (congestive) (diarrheal) (exudative) (follicular) (hemorrhagic) (infantile) (lienteric) (noninfectious) (perforative) (phlegmonous) (presumed noninfectious) (pseudomembranous) 558.9
- bacillary NEC 004.9
- Shigella 004.9
- Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) 136.9
- Septicemia, septicemic (generalized) (suppurative) 038.9
- Shigella (see also Dysentery, bacillary) 004.9
- Shigella (dysentery) (see also Dysentery, bacillary) 004.9
- carrier (suspected) of V02.3
- Shigellosis (see also Dysentery, bacillary) 004.9
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 004.9 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.