2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 843.9
Sprains and strains of unspecified site of hip and thigh
- Short description: Sprain hip & thigh NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 843.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 843.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 843.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 843.9: 2013 2014.
- Left hip sprain
- Left thigh muscle strain
- Right hip sprain
- Right thigh muscle strain
- Strain of flexor muscle of hip
- Strain of hip
- Strain of muscle and/or tendon of thigh
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S73.109A Unspecified sprain of unspecified hip, initial encounter
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S76.919A Strain of unspecified muscles, fascia and tendons at thigh level, unspecified thigh, initial encounter