2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 843.8
Sprains and strains of other specified sites of hip and thigh
- Short description: Sprain hip & thigh NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 843.8 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 843.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 843.8.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 843.8: 2013 2014 2015.
- Hamstring sprain
- Left hamstring strain
- Left hamstring tendon tear
- Left hip flexor strain
- Left hip labrum tear
- Left quadriceps strain
- Left quadriceps tendon tear
- Left thigh adductor strain
- Left thigh adductor tendon tear
- Right hamstring strain
- Right hamstring tendon tear
- Right hip flexor strain
- Right hip labrum tear
- Right quadriceps strain
- Right quadriceps tendon tear
- Right thigh adductor strain
- Right thigh adductor tendon tear
- Rupture of adductor muscle of hip
- Rupture of gastrocnemius tendon
- Strain of flexor muscle of hip
- Strain of hamstring muscle
- Strain of hamstring muscles
- Strain of quadriceps tendon
- Strain of tendon of adductor longus
- Strain of tendon of medial thigh muscle
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S73.199A Other sprain of unspecified hip, initial encounter