2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.02
Femoral hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene, bilateral (not specified as recurrent)
- Short description: Bilateral femoral hernia.
- ICD-9-CM 553.02 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 553.02 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 553.02.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.02: 2013 2014.
- Bilat femoral hernia
- Bilateral femoral hernia
- Both sides femoral hernias
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K41.20 Bilateral femoral hernia, without obstruction or gangrene, not specified as recurrent