2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 311
Depressive disorder, not elsewhere classified
- unpleasant, but not necessarily irrational or pathological, mood state characterized by sadness, despair, or discouragement; "the blues"; may also involve low self-esteem, social withdrawal, and somatic symptoms such as eating and sleep disturbance.
- Mild depression that is not considered clinical depression. For clinical depression, use MAJOR DEPRESSION.
- A mental state of depressed mood characterised by feelings of sadness, despair and discouragement.
- Short description: Depressive disorder NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 311 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 311.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 311: 2013.
311 Alternative Terminology
Convert 311 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 311: