Home > 2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Endocrine, Nutritional And Metabolic Diseases, And Immunity Disorders 240-279 > Other Metabolic Disorders And Immunity Disorders 270-279 > Other and unspecified disorders of metabolism 277-
2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 277.7
Dysmetabolic syndrome X
- ICD-9-CM 277.7 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 277.7.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 277.7: 2013 2014.
- A cluster of metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular diseases and type 2 diabetes mellitus. The major components of metabolic syndrome x include excess abdominal fat; atherogenic dyslipidemia; hypertension; hyperglycemia; insulin resistance; a proinflammatory state; and a prothrombotic (thrombosis) state. (from aha/nhlbi/ada conference proceedings, circulation 2004; 109:551-556)
- A collection of metabolic risk factors in one individual. The root causes of metabolic syndrome are overweight / obesity, physical inactivity, and genetic factors. Various risk factors have been included in metabolic syndrome. Factors generally accepted as being characteristic of this syndrome include abdominal obesity, atherogenic dyslipidemia, raised blood pressure, insulin resistence with or without glucose intolerance, prothrombotic state, and proinflammatory state.
- A condition is marked by extra fat around the abdomen, high levels of blood glucose (sugar) when not eating, high levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood, low levels of high-density lipoproteins (a type of protein that carries fats) in the blood, and high blood pressure. People with metabolic syndrome are at increased risk of diabetes mellitus and diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
- A multifaceted syndrome characterized by clustering of insulin resistance and hyperinsulinemia, associated with dyslipidemia, essential hypertension, abdominal obesity, glucose intolerance or noninsulin dependent diabetes mellitus, and an increased risk of cardiovascular events.
- A term referring to a combination of medical conditions that, when present, increase the risk of heart attack, stroke, and diabetes mellitus. It includes the following medical conditions: increased blood pressure, central obesity, abnormal cholesterol levels, and elevated fasting glucose.
- Metabolic syndrome is a group of conditions that put you at risk for heart disease and diabetes. These conditions are
- high blood pressure
- high blood sugar levels
- high levels of triglycerides, a type of fat, in your blood
- low levels of hdl, the good cholesterol, in your blood
- too much fat around your waist
- Drug resistance to insulin
- Dysmetabolic syndrome x
- Insulin resistance
- Metabolic syndrome X
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 277.7:
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 277.7 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2012 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.