2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 053.19
Herpes zoster with other nervous system complications
- Short description: H zoster nerv syst NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 053.19 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 053.19 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 053.19.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 053.19: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B02.29 Other postherpetic nervous system involvement
- Herpes zoster encephalitis
- Herpes zoster radiculitis
- Intercostal post-herpetic neuralgia
- Intercostal post-herpetic neuritis
- Postherpetic neuralgia
- Postherpetic neuralgia (nerve pain after shingles)
- Post-herpetic neuritis