2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 053.19
Herpes zoster with other nervous system complications
- Short description: H zoster nerv syst NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 053.19 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 053.19 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Herpes zoster encephalitis
- Herpes zoster radiculitis
- Intercostal post-herpetic neuralgia
- Intercostal post-herpetic neuritis
- Postherpetic neuralgia
- Postherpetic neuralgia (nerve pain after shingles)
- Post-herpetic neuritis
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM B02.29 Other postherpetic nervous system involvement