2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 996.64
Infection and inflammatory reaction due to indwelling urinary catheter
- Short description: React-indwell urin cath.
- ICD-9-CM 996.64 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 996.64 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 996.64.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 996.64: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T83.51XA Infection and inflammatory reaction due to indwelling urinary catheter, initial encounter
- Infection of bladder catheter
- Urinary tract infection due to urinary catheter
- UTI due to indwelling urinary catheter