2011 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 996.63
Infection and inflammatory reaction due to nervous system device implant and graft
- Short description: React-nerv sys dev/graft.
- ICD-9-CM 996.63 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 996.63 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2011 version of ICD-9-CM 996.63.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 996.63: 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T85.79XA Infection and inflammatory reaction due to other internal prosthetic devices, implants and grafts, initial encounter
- Brain ventricular shunt infection
- CNS implanted device infection
- Infection associated with implanted CNS device
- Infection central nervous system implanted device
- Infection of ventriculoperitoneal shunt
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt infection
- Ventriculoperitoneal shunt-associated peritonitis
- Electrodes implanted in brain
- Peripheral nerve graft
- Spinal canal catheter
- Ventricular (communicating) shunt (catheter)