2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 944.16
Erythema due to burn (first degree) of back of hand
- Short description: 1 deg burn back of hand.
- ICD-9-CM 944.16 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 944.16 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 944.16.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 944.16: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
- Burn erythema of back of left hand
- Burn erythema of back of right hand
- First degree burn of back of left hand
- First degree burn of back of right hand
- First degree chemical burn of back of right hand
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T23.169A Burn of first degree of back of unspecified hand, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T23.569A Corrosion of first degree of back of unspecified hand, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 944.16
- Burn (acid) (cathode ray) (caustic) (chemical) (electric heating appliance) (electricity) (fire) (flame) (hot liquid or object) (irradiation) (lime) (radiation) (steam) (thermal) (x-ray) 949.0
- hand(s) (phalanges) (and wrist) 944.00