2010 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 944.20
Blisters with epidermal loss due to burn (second degree) of unspecified site of hand
- Short description: 2nd deg burn hand NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 944.20 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 944.20 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2010 version of ICD-9-CM 944.20.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 944.20: 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T23.209A Burn of second degree of unspecified hand, unspecified site, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM T23.609A Corrosion of second degree of unspecified hand, unspecified site, initial encounter
- Second degree burn of left hand
- Second degree burn of right hand
- Second degree chemical burn of left hand
- Second degree chemical burn of right hand
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 944.20
- Burn (acid) (cathode ray) (caustic) (chemical) (electric heating appliance) (electricity) (fire) (flame) (hot liquid or object) (irradiation) (lime) (radiation) (steam) (thermal) (x-ray) 949.0
- hand(s) (phalanges) (and wrist) 944.00