2009 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 136.3
- pulmonary disease in humans occurring in immunodeficient or malnourished patients or infants, characterized by dyspnea, tachypnea, and hypoxemia; Pneumocystis pneumonia is a frequent opportunistic infection in AIDS; also found in other mammals where it is caused by related species of Pneumocystis.
- Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia (PCP). pneumonia resulting from infection with Pneumocystis carinii, frequently seen in the immunologically compromised, such as persons with AIDS, or steroid-treated individuals, the elderly, or premature or debilitated babies during their first three months. Patients may be only slightly febrile (or even afebrile), but are likely to be extremely weak, dyspneic, and cyanotic. This is a major cause of morbidity among patients with AIDS.
- ICD-9-CM 136.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2009 version of ICD-9-CM 136.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 136.3: 2010 2011 2012 2013.
Convert 136.3 to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 136.3: