2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code E929.5
Late effects of accident due to natural and environmental factors
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM E929.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, E929.5 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- E929.5 describes the circumstance causing an injury, not the nature of the injury.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM W92.XXXS Exposure to excessive heat of man-made origin, sequela
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM W99.XXXS Exposure to other man-made environmental factors, sequela
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM X39.8XXS Other exposure to forces of nature, sequela
- Late effects of accidents classifiable to E900-E909