2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 980.0
Toxic effect of ethyl alcohol
- ICD-9-CM 980.0 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 980.0 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Denatured alcohol
- Grain alcohol
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.0X1A Toxic effect of ethanol, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.0X2A Toxic effect of ethanol, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.0X3A Toxic effect of ethanol, assault, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.0X4A Toxic effect of ethanol, undetermined, initial encounter