2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 980.1
Toxic effect of methyl alcohol
- ICD-9-CM 980.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 980.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Methanol poisoning
- Methyl alcohol causing toxic effect
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.1X1A Toxic effect of methanol, accidental (unintentional), initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.1X2A Toxic effect of methanol, intentional self-harm, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.1X3A Toxic effect of methanol, assault, initial encounter
- 2015 ICD-10-CM T51.1X4A Toxic effect of methanol, undetermined, initial encounter