2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 807.4
- ICD-9-CM 807.4 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 807.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Closed flail chest
- Flail chest (multiple rib fractures)
- Open flail chest
- Open flail chest (multiple rib fractures)
- A complication of multiple rib fractures, rib and sternum fractures, or thoracic surgery. A portion of the chest wall becomes isolated from the thoracic cage and exhibits paradoxical respiration
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S22.5XXA Flail chest, initial encounter for closed fracture
- 2015 ICD-10-CM S22.5XXB Flail chest, initial encounter for open fracture