2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 799.4
- ICD-9-CM 799.4 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 799.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- AIDS wasting disease
- Cachexia (wasting syndrome)
- Cachexia associated with AIDS
- General ill health, malnutrition, and weight loss, usually associated with chronic disease
- State of general ill health characterized by malnutrition, weakness, and emaciation; occurs during the course of a chronic disease
- The loss of body weight and muscle mass frequently seen in patients with cancer, aids, or other diseases
- Code first underlying condition, if known
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM R64 Cachexia