2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 388.2
Sudden hearing loss, unspecified
- ICD-9-CM 388.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 388.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Bilat sudden hearing loss
- Bilateral sudden hearing loss
- Both sides sudden hearing loss
- Hearing loss, sudden
- Left sudden hearing loss
- Right sudden hearing loss
- Sudden hearing loss
- Sensorineural hearing loss which develops suddenly over a period of hours or a few days. It varies in severity from mild to total deafness. Sudden deafness can be due to head trauma, vascular diseases, infections, or can appear without obvious cause or warning
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM H91.23 Sudden idiopathic hearing loss, bilateral