2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 371.51
Juvenile epithelial corneal dystrophy
- ICD-9-CM 371.51 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 371.51 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Meesman's corneal dystrophy
- An autosomal dominant form of hereditary corneal dystrophy due to a defect in cornea-specific keratin formation. Mutations in the genes that encode keratin-3 and keratin-12 have been linked to this disorder
- An autosomal dominant inherited corneal disorder caused by mutations in the krt3 and krt12 genes. It is characterized by the formation of multiple tiny cysts in the epithelial layer of the cornea. The cysts may rupture, causing pain, redness and light sensitivity. Vision usually is not affected
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM H18.52 Epithelial (juvenile) corneal dystrophy
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 371.51
- Dystrophy, dystrophia 783.9