2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 331.9
Cerebral degeneration, unspecified
- ICD-9-CM 331.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 331.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Degenerative brain disorder
- Result of genetic metabolic defects or damage by exogenous or endogenous toxins; characterized by cerebral cortex atrophy and progressive cerebral demyelination; dementia and mental deterioration are common
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM G31.9 Degenerative disease of nervous system, unspecified