2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 312.34
Intermittent explosive disorder
- ICD-9-CM 312.34 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 312.34 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Explosive disorder, intermittent
- A disorder characterized by recurrent episodes of serious assaultive acts or destruction of property due to a failure to resist aggressive impulses; the degree of aggression during these episodes is grossly out of proportion to any psychosocial provocation. The aggressive episodes are not etiologically linked to another mental disorder, a general medical condition, or substance use
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM F63.81 Intermittent explosive disorder