2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 300.02
Generalized anxiety disorder
- ICD-9-CM 300.02 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 300.02 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Anxiety disorder, generalized
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- A condition marked by excessive worry and feelings of fear, dread, and uneasiness that last six months or longer. Other symptoms of gad include being restless, being tired or irritable, muscle tension, not being able to concentrate or sleep well, shortness of breath, fast heartbeat, sweating, and dizziness
- An anxiety disorder characterized by excessive and difficult-to-control worry about a number of life situations. The worry is accompanied by restlessness, fatigue, inability to concentrate, irritability, muscle tension, and/or sleep disturbance and lasts for at least 6 months
- An anxiety disorder characterized by free-floating, persistent, and excessive worry for at least six months
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM F41.1 Generalized anxiety disorder