2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 271.4
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM 271.4 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 271.4 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM E74.8 Other specified disorders of carbohydrate metabolism
- An autosomal inherited disorder due to defective reabsorption of glucose by the proximal renal tubules. The urinary loss of glucose can reach beyond 50 g/day. It is attributed to the mutations in the sodium-glucose transporter 2 encoded by the slc5a2 gene