2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 266
Deficiency of b-complex components
- There are 4 ICD-9-CM codes below 266 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- A condition due to deficiency in any member of the vitamin b complex. These b vitamins are water-soluble and must be obtained from the diet because they are easily lost in the urine. Unlike the lipid-soluble vitamins, they cannot be stored in the body fat
- A dietary deficiency of riboflavin causing a syndrome chiefly marked by cheilitis, angular stomatitis, glossitis associated with a purplish red or magenta-colored tongue that may show fissures, corneal vascularization, dyssebacia, and anemia. (Dorland, 27th ed)
- Condition due to a deficiency of one or more of the b vitamins
- Condition due to a deficiency of riboflavin (vitamin b12) which is associated with inadequate consumption of riboflavin rich foods; produces lesions of skin, digestive tract and nervous system; usually part of a multiple nutrient deficiency