2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 123.5
Sparganosis [larval diphyllobothriasis]
- ICD-9-CM 123.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 123.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Infection by Spirometra larvae
- Infection of animals, including fish and man, with a developmental stage of diphyllobothrium. This stage has recently been referred to as a plerocercoid but the name sparganum has persisted. Therefore, infection of fish or other animals with the plerocercoid larvae is sparganosis. Fish-eating mammals, including man, are the final hosts
- Infection by:
- Diphyllobothrium larvae
- Sparganum (mansoni) (proliferum)
- Spirometra larvae
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM B70.1 Sparganosis