2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 123.1
- ICD-9-CM 123.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 123.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Cerebral cysticercosis
- Cysticercosis myositis
- Cysticercosis of central nervous system
- Cysticercosis of eye
- Cysticercosis, cerebral
- Myositis due to cysticercosis
- A parasitic infection caused by the larval form of taenia solium. It is a disseminated infection affecting the central nervous system, subcutaneous tissues, lungs, heart and liver. The most serious complications result from infection of the brain parenchyma. Patients may develop seizures, hydrocephalus, encephalopathy and meningoencephalitis
- Infection with cysticercus, the larval form of the various tapeworms of the genus taenia (usually t. Solium in man). In humans they penetrate the intestinal wall and invade subcutaneous tissue, brain, eye, muscle, heart, liver, lung, and peritoneum. Brain involvement results in neurocysticercosis
- Infection by Cysticercus cellulosae [larval form of Taenia solium]
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015 ICD-10-CM B69.9 Cysticercosis, unspecified