2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 872.79
Open wound of other and multiple sites of ear, complicated
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Open wound ear NEC-compl.
- ICD-9-CM 872.79 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 872.79 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 872.79.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 872.79: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S09.8XXA Other specified injuries of head, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 872.79
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8