2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 872.61
Open wound of ear drum, without mention of complication
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Open wound of ear drum.
- ICD-9-CM 872.61 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 872.61 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 872.61.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 872.61: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S09.20XA Traumatic rupture of unspecified ear drum, initial encounter
- Left traumatic eardrum rupture
- Right traumatic eardrum rupture
- Traumatic eardrum rupture
- Traumatic left eardrum rupture
- Traumatic perforation of left tympanic membrane
- Traumatic perforation of right tympanic membrane
- Traumatic perforation of right tympanic membrane (disorder (disorder)
- Traumatic right eardrum rupture
- Traumatic tympanic membrane perforation
- Tympanic membrane