2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 783.21
Loss of weight
- Short description: Abnormal loss of weight.
- ICD-9-CM 783.21 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 783.21 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Abnl loss of weight
- Abnl weight loss
- Abnormal loss of weight
- Abnormal weight loss
- A finding characterized by a decrease in overall body weight; for pediatrics, less than the baseline growth curve.
- A reduction in overall body mass.
- Decrease in existing body weight.
- The reduction of overall body mass; may be due to disease, diet, or drugs; can be permanent or temporary, and may involve any tissue.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM R63.4 Abnormal weight loss