2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 723.5
- Short description: Torticollis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 723.5 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 723.5 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Neck stiffness
- Sandifer syndrome
- Stiff neck
- Stiffness of neck
- A symptom, not a disease, of a twisted neck. In most instances, the head is tipped toward one side and the chin rotated toward the other. The involuntary muscle contractions in the neck region of patients with torticollis can be due to congenital defects, trauma, inflammation, tumors, and neurological or other factors.
- Contracted state of the cervical muscles, producing twisting of the neck and an unnatural position of the head.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM M43.6 Torticollis