2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 443.24
Dissection of vertebral artery
- Short description: Dissect vertebral artery.
- ICD-9-CM 443.24 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 443.24 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- DISSECTION OF VERTEBRAL ARTERY
- Vertebral artery dissection
- Splitting of the vessel wall in the vertebral artery. Interstitial hemorrhage into the media of the vessel wall can lead to occlusion of the vertebral artery, aneurysm formation, or thromboembolism. Vertebral artery dissection is often associated with trauma and injuries to the head-neck region but can occur spontaneously.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM I77.74 Dissection of vertebral artery
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 443.24
- artery, arterial