2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 437.2
- Short description: Hypertens encephalopathy.
- ICD-9-CM 437.2 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 437.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Brain dysfunction or damage resulting from sustained malignant hypertension. When blood pressure exceeds the limits of cerebral autoregulation, cerebral blood flow is impaired (brain ischemia). Clinical manifestations include headache; nausea; vomiting; seizures; altered mental status (in some cases progressing to coma); papilledema; and retinal hemorrhage.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM I67.4 Hypertensive encephalopathy