2015 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 437.2
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- ICD-9-CM 437.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 437.2 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM I67.4 Hypertensive encephalopathy
- Brain dysfunction or damage resulting from sustained malignant hypertension. When blood pressure exceeds the limits of cerebral autoregulation, cerebral blood flow is impaired (brain ischemia). Clinical manifestations include headache; nausea; vomiting; seizures; altered mental status (in some cases progressing to coma); papilledema; and retinal hemorrhage