2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 334.1
Hereditary spastic paraplegia
- Short description: Hered spastic paraplegia.
- ICD-9-CM 334.1 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 334.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Paraplegia (paralysis of legs), hereditary spastic
- Paraplegia, hereditary spastic
- A group of inherited diseases that share similar phenotypes but are genetically diverse. Different genetic loci for autosomal recessive, autosomal dominant, and x-linked forms of hereditary spastic paraplegia have been identified. Clinically, patients present with slowly progressive distal limb weakness and lower extremity spasticity. Peripheral sensory neurons may be affected in the later stages of the disease. (j neurol neurosurg psychiatry 1998 jan;64(1):61-6; curr opin neurol 1997 aug;10(4):313-8)
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM G11.4 Hereditary spastic paraplegia