2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 300.23
- ICD-9-CM 300.23 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 300.23 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Fear of eating in public
- Generalised social phobia
- Generalized social phobia (disorder)
- Phobia, eating in public
- Phobia, social
- Social phobia, generalized
- An anxiety disorder characterized by an intense, irrational fear of one or more social or performance situations in which the individual believes that he or she will be scrutinized by others. Exposure to social situations immediately provokes an anxiety response. In adults, the social phobia is recognized as excessive or unreasonable.
- Anxiety or fear associated with actual or anticipated oral communication with others.
- Extreme apprehension or fear of social interaction or social situations in general. Compare social anxiety.
- Fear of:
- eating in public
- public speaking
- washing in public
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM F40.10 Social phobia, unspecified