2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 299.8
Other specified pervasive developmental disorders
- There are 2 ICD-9-CM codes below 299.8 that define this diagnosis in greater detail. Do not use this code on a reimbursement claim.
- Neuropsychiatric disorder whose major manifestation is an inability to interact socially; other features include poor verbal and motor skills, singlemindedness, and social withdrawal.
- Syndrome or disorder usually first diagnosed in childhood, characterized by severe and sustained impairment in social interactions and restricted, repetitive patterns of behaviors, interests, and activities.
- simple stereotypes without psychotic disturbance (307.3)
- Asperger's disorder
- Atypical childhood psychosis
- Borderline psychosis of childhood