2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 084.9
Other pernicious complications of malaria
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Malaria complicated NEC.
- ICD-9-CM 084.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 084.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 084.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 084.9: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B50.0 Plasmodium falciparum malaria with cerebral complications
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B50.8 Other severe and complicated Plasmodium falciparum malaria
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B51.0 Plasmodium vivax malaria with rupture of spleen
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B51.8 Plasmodium vivax malaria with other complications
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B52.0 Plasmodium malariae malaria with nephropathy
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B52.8 Plasmodium malariae malaria with other complications
- Algid malaria
- Cerebral malaria
- Use additional code to identify complication, as: