2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 054.40
Herpes simplex with unspecified ophthalmic complication
- Billable Thru Sept 30/2015
- Non-Billable On/After Oct 1/2015
- Short description: Herpes simplex eye NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 054.40 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 054.40 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2014 version of ICD-9-CM 054.40.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 054.40: 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM B00.50 Herpesviral ocular disease, unspecified
- Herpes simplex ophthalmicus