2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 053.8
Herpes zoster with unspecified complication
- Short description: H zoster complicated NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 053.8 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 053.8 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Disseminated herpes zoster
- Herpes zoster w complication
- Herpes zoster with complication
- Herpes zoster, disseminated
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM B02.8 Zoster with other complications
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 053.8