Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Symptoms, Signs, And Ill-Defined Conditions 780-799 > Nonspecific Abnormal Findings 790-796 > Nonspecific findings on examination of urine 791-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 791.2
- ICD-9-CM 791.2 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 791.2.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 791.2: 2014.
- A disorder characterized by laboratory test results that indicate the presence of free hemoglobin in the urine.
- A laboratory test result which indicates free hemoglobin in the urine.
- Presence of free hemoglobin in the urine.
- The presence of free hemoglobin in the urine, indicating hemolysis of erythrocytes within the vascular system. After saturating the hemoglobin-binding proteins (haptoglobins), free hemoglobin begins to appear in the urine.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 791.2:
- Findings, (abnormal), without diagnosis (examination) (laboratory test) 796.4
- hematinuria 791.2
- hemoglobinuria 791.2
- Globinuria 791.2
- Hematinuria (see also Hemoglobinuria) 791.2
- malarial 084.8
- paroxysmal 283.2
- Hemoglobinuria, hemoglobinuric 791.2
- with anemia, hemolytic, acquired (chronic) NEC 283.2
- cold (agglutinin) (paroxysmal) (with Raynaud's syndrome) 283.2
- exercise 283.2
- fever (malaria) 084.8
- infantile 791.2
- intermittent 283.2
- malarial 084.8
- march 283.2
- nocturnal (paroxysmal) 283.2
- paroxysmal (cold) (nocturnal) 283.2
- Methemoglobinuria (see also Hemoglobinuria) 791.2
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 791.2 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.