Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Musculoskeletal System And Connective Tissue 710-739 > Arthropathies And Related Disorders 710-719 > Diffuse diseases of connective tissue 710-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 710.3
- ICD-9-CM 710.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 710.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 710.3: 2014.
- A subacute or chronic inflammatory disease of muscle and skin, marked by proximal muscle weakness and a characteristic skin rash. The illness occurs with approximately equal frequency in children and adults. The skin lesions usually take the form of a purplish rash (or less often an exfoliative dermatitis) involving the nose, cheeks, forehead, upper trunk, and arms. The disease is associated with a complement mediated intramuscular microangiopathy, leading to loss of capillaries, muscle ischemia, muscle-fiber necrosis, and perifascicular atrophy. The childhood form of this disease tends to evolve into a systemic vasculitis. Dermatomyositis may occur in association with malignant neoplasms. (from Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1405-6)
- An inflammatory muscle disease accompanied by muscle weakness and skin rash
- Progressive condition characterized by symmetric proximal muscular weakness with elevated serum levels of muscle enzymes and a skin rash, typically a purplish-red erythema on the face, and edema of the eyelids and periorbital tissue; affected muscle tissue shows degeneration of fibers with a chronic inflammatory reaction; occurs in children and adults, and in the latter may be associated with visceral cancer or other disorders of connective tissue.
- Childhood type dermatomyositis
- Dermatomyositis with malignant disease
- Dermatomyositis with organ involvement
- Dermatopolymyositis in neoplastic disease
- Dermatopolymyositis w organ involvement
- Dermatopolymyositis w respiratory involvement
- Dilated cardiomyopathy due to dermatomyositis
- Dilated cardiomyopathy secondary to dermatomyositis
- Disorder of respiratory system due to dermatomyositis
- Juvenile dermatomyositis
- Juvenile dermatomyositis with myopathy
- Juvenile dermatomyositis with respiratory involvement
- Juvenile dermatopolymyositis
- Juvenile dermatopolymyositis w myopathy
- Juvenile dermatopolymyositis w respiratory involvement
- Polymyositis with skin involvement
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 710.3:
- Dermatomucomyositis 710.3
- Dermatomyositis (acute) (chronic) 710.3
- Petges-Cléjat or Petges-Clégat syndrome (poikilodermatomyositis) 710.3
- Poikilodermatomyositis 710.3
- Polymyositis (acute) (chronic) (hemorrhagic) 710.4
- Wagner's (dermatomyositis) 710.3
- Pseudotrichinosis 710.3
- Syndrome - see also Disease
- Petges-Cléjat (poikilodermatomyositis) 710.3
- Unverricht-Wagner (dermatomyositis) 710.3
- Wagner (-Unverricht) (dermatomyositis) 710.3
- Unverricht-Wagner syndrome (dermatomyositis) 710.3
- Wagner (-Unverricht) syndrome (dermatomyositis) 710.3
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 710.3 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.