2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 553.3
Diaphragmatic hernia without mention of obstruction or gangrene
- Short description: Diaphragmatic hernia.
- ICD-9-CM 553.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 553.3 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 553.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 553.3: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts directly to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K44.9 Diaphragmatic hernia without obstruction or gangrene
- Diaphragmatic hernia
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease co-occurrent and due to diaphragmatic hernia
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease co-occurrent and due to paraesophageal hernia
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease with diaphragmatic hernia
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease with hiatal hernia
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease with paraesophageal hernia
- GERD w diaphragmatic hernia
- GERD w hiatal hernia
- GERD w paraesophageal hernia
- Hiatal hernia
- Hiatal hernia with gastroesophageal reflux disease (disorder)
- Paraesophageal hernia
- esophagocele (530.6)
- hiatal (esophageal) (sliding)
- Thoracic stomach