2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 540.9
Acute appendicitis without mention of peritonitis
- Short description: Acute appendicitis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 540.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 540.9 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 540.9.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 540.9: 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K35.80 Unspecified acute appendicitis
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM K35.89 Other acute appendicitis
- Acute appendicitis
- Acute gangrenous appendicitis
- Appendicitis, acute
- appendicitis without mention of perforation, peritonitis, or rupture:
- cecitis without mention of perforation, peritonitis, or rupture