2014 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 540.9
Acute appendicitis without mention of peritonitis
- Short description: Acute appendicitis NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 540.9 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 540.9 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- Acute appendicitis
- Acute gangrenous appendicitis
- Appendicitis, acute
- appendicitis without mention of perforation, peritonitis, or rupture:
- cecitis without mention of perforation, peritonitis, or rupture
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K35.80 Unspecified acute appendicitis
- 2014 ICD-10-CM K35.89 Other acute appendicitis