Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Diseases Of The Blood And Blood-Forming Organs 280-289 > Coagulation defects 286-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 286.1
Congenital factor IX disorder
- Short description: Cong factor IX disorder.
- ICD-9-CM 286.1 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 286.1.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 286.1: 2014.
- A deficiency of blood coagulation factor ix inherited as an x-linked disorder. (also known as christmas disease, after the first patient studied in detail, not the holy day.) historical and clinical features resemble those in classic hemophilia (hemophilia a), but patients present with fewer symptoms. Severity of bleeding is usually similar in members of a single family. Many patients are asymptomatic until the hemostatic system is stressed by surgery or trauma. Treatment is similar to that for hemophilia a. (from cecil textbook of medicine, 19th ed, p1008)
- An x-linked inherited bleeding disorder caused by deficiency of the coagulation factor ix.
- Deficiency of blood coagulation factor ix inherited as an x-linked disorder; clinical features resemble those in hemophilia a, but patients present with fewer symptoms.
- Acquired factor IX deficiency disease
- Acquired hemophilia b
- Hemophilia B
- Hemophilia B, acquired
- Hereditary factor IX deficiency disease
- Christmas disease
- factor IX (functional)
- plasma thromboplastin component [PTC]
- Hemophilia B
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 286.1:
- Christmas disease 286.1
- Deficiency, deficient
- Christmas factor 286.1
- factor (see also Defect, coagulation) 286.9
- I (congenital) (fibrinogen) 286.3
- II (congenital) (prothrombin) 286.3
- V (congenital) (labile) 286.3
- VII (congenital) (stable) 286.3
- VIII (congenital) (functional) 286.0
- IX (Christmas) (congenital) (functional) 286.1
- X (congenital) (Stuart-Prower) 286.3
- XI (congenital) (plasma thromboplastin antecedent) 286.2
- XII (congenital) (Hageman) 286.3
- XIII (congenital) (fibrin stabilizing) 286.3
- hageman 286.3
- multiple (congenital) 286.9
- acquired 286.7
- PTC 286.1
- Disease, diseased - see also Syndrome
- Christmas 286.1
- Disorder - see also Disease
- coagulation (factor) (see also Defect, coagulation) 286.9
- Hemophilia (familial) (hereditary) 286.0
- B (Leyden) 286.1
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 286.1 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.