Home > 2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Codes > Infectious And Parasitic Diseases 001-139 > Mycoses 110-118 > Other mycoses 117-
2013 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 117.3
- ICD-9-CM 117.3 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2013 version of ICD-9-CM 117.3.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 117.3: 2014.
- An infectious fungal disease that occurs most often in the skin, ears, nasal sinuses, and lungs of people with suppressed immune systems.
- Aspergillosis is a disease caused by a fungus (or mold) that is very common in the environment. There are different kinds of aspergillosis. One kind is allergic bronchopulmonary aspergillosis (also called abpa). Symptoms of abpa include wheezing and coughing. Abpa can affect healthy people but it is most common in people with asthma or cystic fibrosis.another kind is invasive aspergillosis, which invades and damages tissues in the body. It usually affects the lungs, but it can also cause infection in other organs and spread throughout the body. It affects people who have immune system problems, such as people who have had a transplant, are taking high doses of steroids, or getting chemotherapy for some cancers.your doctor might do a variety of tests to make the diagnosis, including a chest x-ray, ct scan of the lungs, or examining tissues for signs of the fungus. Treatment is with antifungal drugs. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Disease condition caused by species of aspergillus and marked by inflammatory granulomatous lesions in the skin, ear, orbit, nasal sinuses, lungs, and sometimes in the bones and meninges.
- Infections with fungi of the genus aspergillus.
- Aspergillosis pneumonia
- Aspergillus pneumonia
- Disseminated aspergillosis
- Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis
- Pneumonia in aspergillosis
- Tonsillar aspergillosis
- Infection by Aspergillus species, mainly A. fumigatus, A. flavus group, A. terreus group
Convert to ICD-10-CM
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index entries containing back-references to 117.3:
- Aspergillosis 117.3
- with pneumonia 117.3 [484.6]
- allergic bronchopulmonary 518.6
- nonsyphilitic NEC 117.3
- Aspergillus (flavus) (fumigatus) (infection) (terreus) 117.3
- Bronchoaspergillosis 117.3
- Hong Kong ear 117.3
- Infection, infected, infective (opportunistic) 136.9
- Aspergillus (flavus) (fumigatus) (terreus) 117.3
- Penicilliosis of lung 117.3
ICD-9-CM codes are used in medical billing and coding to describe diseases, injuries, symptoms and conditions. ICD-9-CM 117.3 is one of thousands of ICD-9-CM codes used in healthcare. Although ICD-9-CM and CPT codes are largely numeric, they differ in that CPT codes describe medical procedures and services. Can't find a code? Start at the root of ICD-9-CM, check the 2013 ICD-9-CM Index or use the search engine at the top of this page to lookup any code.