2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 959.01
Head injury, unspecified
- Short description: Head injury NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 959.01 is a billable medical code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim, however, 959.01 should only be used for claims with a date of service on or before September 30, 2015. For claims with a date of service on or after October 1, 2015, use an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes).
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 959.01.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 959.01: 2013 2014 2015.
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S09.8XXA Other specified injuries of head, initial encounter
- 2015/16 ICD-10-CM S09.90XA Unspecified injury of head, initial encounter
- Calcified haematoma of head
- Calcified hematoma of head (disorder)
- Cerebral trauma
- Closed head injury
- Closed injury of head
- Dementia due to head trauma
- Dementia due to head trauma w behavioral disturbance
- Dementia due to head trauma with behavioral disturbance
- Dementia due to head trauma without behavioral disturbance
- Dementia due to head trauma wo behavioral disturbance
- Head injury
- Head muscle injury
- Head tendon injury
- Head trauma
- Hematoma, cephalic, calcified
- Injury of head
- Injury of muscle of head
- Injury of tendon of head
- Open head injury
- Open injury of head
- Traumatic head injury