2012 ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 873.40
Open wound of face, unspecified site, without mention of complication
- Short description: Open wound of face NOS.
- ICD-9-CM 873.40 will be replaced by an equivalent ICD-10-CM code (or codes) when the United States transitions from ICD-9-CM to ICD-10-CM on October 1, 2015.
- ICD-9-CM 873.40 is a billable medical code that can be used to specify a diagnosis on a reimbursement claim.
- You are viewing the 2012 version of ICD-9-CM 873.40.
- More recent version(s) of ICD-9-CM 873.40: 2013 2014.
- Cut of face
- Face laceration
- Facial laceration
- Gunshot wound
- Gunshot wound of face
- Laceration of face
- Open animal bite of face
- Open bite of face
- Open cat bite of face
- Open dog bite of face
- Open human bite of face
- Open wound of face
- Puncture wound of face
- Stab wound of face
Convert to ICD-10-CM
converts approximately to:
- 2014 ICD-10-CM S09.93XA Unspecified injury of face, initial encounter
ICD-9-CM Volume 2 Index
entries containing back-references to 873.40
- Wound, open (by cutting or piercing instrument) (by firearms) (cut) (dissection) (incised) (laceration) (penetration) (perforating) (puncture) (with initial hemorrhage, not internal) 879.8
- face 873.40